The Sony FE 28-135mm f4 G PZ OSS is a wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens for use on Sony’s full-frame and APS-C E-mount mirrorless cameras. Designed for serious still shooters and film makers, the power zoom lens is equipped with Sony’s new ‘Smooth Motion Optics’ design, which addresses three issues of prime concern for movie-makers: change in angle of view (‘breathing’) while focusing, focus shifts during zoom, and movement of the optical axis during zoom. The lens also has three separate control rings for precise, manual control over focus, zoom and aperture. The power zoom is driven by the SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive which allows for control over the speed of the zoom, and ensures the movement is quiet and smooth.
The Key Features:
- Sony introduces world’s first 35mm full frame lens with power zoom capability.
- New ‘Smooth Motion Optics’ design for serious movie-makers.
- Smooth and silent drive with Super Sonic wave Motor (SSM) for zooming and “double linear motor” for focusing.
- Separate focus, iris and zoom rings for professional operation.
- Optical SteadyShot in-lens image stabilisation.
- Compact and portable with dust- and moisture resistant design.
- Sony E-mount – compatible with full-frame and APS-C.
Precision optical design supports top-quality 4K production with minimum angle of view variation while focusing and axial displacement while zooming. High-end operation and feel inherited from Sony professional equipment. Three control rings offer manual control for demanding large format production. The world’s first SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive in a lens designed for moviemaking achieves quiet and smooth zoom. Compact, lightweight design that is also dust and moisture resistant is ideal for situations that require mobility plus reliability.