- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF of any lens attached.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Patented 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA.
- Supports 16:9 video with DX lenses.
- Can be powered either by camera body or by third-party external 5V power source (not included).
- Iris/aperture controlled by the camera body.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lenses.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Support for cameras with in-body image stabilization (IBIS), including Panasonic GX7, GX8, GX80/85 and Olympus cameras.
- Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L).
- EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range).
- Distance and zoom display on camcorders (requires lenses supporting distance information.
- Cinema EOS lens support (CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L), including AF (requires external 5V power via micro USB port), auto iris and servo zoom.
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- The opening is flocked with felt material to reduce internal reflection.
- Compatible with all MFT mount cameras, including GH4, OM-D, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and JVC GY-LS300.